Telehealth Services Information
We are now offering telehealth options (video-chat) to any persons who are requesting services and need to stay home or are not able to come to the office for appointments. This telehealth option is completely HIPPA compliant, confidential, covered by most insurance companies, and is very easy to use through a computer or smart phone app. As with any change, when using telehealth, there can be an initial transition period before you feel completely comfortable with this new way of receiving services but we assure you, the quality of care you will receive will be the same that you have come to know and expect from our office, staff members, and providers.
Will insurance cover telehealth?
Before your session:
- Be sure to read and sign the telehealth informed consent at the bottom of this page
- You will need a laptop, desktop computer, or a smart phone. Using earphones/buds plugged into the computer can help maintain privacy and improve sound but are not required.
- Make sure web-browsers you are not using are closed and that no one else in your home is using the wifi for streaming movies, etc. as this could slow your connection.
- If you are using a smart phone, download the Zoom app through your app store if using a laptop or computer, there is no download necessary.
- Make sure you have a private space where you won’t be disturbed or heard.
- Your telehealth space may be in a bedroom, basement, home office, closet, or your parked car. (The condition of these spaces do not matter to us, we are here for you right now; if your space is cluttered right now, we understand and will not pass any judgment!) Keep in mind there is an option to add a virtual background if you prefer. Have your sessions in front of the Eiffel tower!
- If there are other people in your home, please ask that they don't disturb you (if you are the caregiver of young kids at home we understand that interruptions happen and we can work together to make a plan for distractions in order to give you the time you need to meet with your provider)
- If needed, you can use a white noise machine, small fan, or quiet music to mask the sound so you won’t be heard outside the door or easily distracted by outside noises yourself.
- Get comfortable! Find a comfortable chair, perhaps with pillows or a throw blanket, a cup of tea or coffee, and use this time to relax as much as possible.
- You should have been either emailed or texted a link and a meeting ID by our office. If you did not receive this link or ID please text or email our office right away at email@example.com or 308-225-6464 to get this information to begin your session. You can also call 308-398-0350.
- To join meeting with a smart phone: click on the link provided to you in your text or email. Be sure to prop your phone upright with something sturdy so you are not having to hold the phone.
- To join meeting with your computer or labtop: go to www.zoom.com and click on “join a meeting” in the top right hand corner. When prompted, type in the meeting ID provided to you in your text or email.
- This will take you straight to our virtual waiting room. Sit back and relax and until your provider can join the session.
- Your provider will ask you your location for our documentation purposes and a good phone number to call you at if you get disconnected. They will also discuss safety plans and informed consent related to telehealth before the session begins.
- If at any time you are disconnected, your provider will call your cell phone to work out reconnection or a plan for alternative ways to continue your session
Telehealth Informed Consent
Please be sure to read and sign this form before starting your first telehealth session